Oven Roasted Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 88g
Dietary Fiber 7g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 package of smoked ring sausage (or kielbasa), sliced into rounds
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- olive oil
- fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- sweet paprika
- dried thyme
- 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking tray (with sides) with several sheets of foil, and drizzle with a bit of oil. Spread the oil out over the pan. Set aside.
- Put the sausage rounds, onions and potatoes into a large bowl. Drizzle with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika and dried thyme. Toss together with your hands until everything is evenly distributed. Pour this out onto the baking tray, and spread it out as much as you can.
- Place into the heated oven and roast for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until the potatoes are golden brown and tender. Turn off the oven. Scatter the cheese over top of the cooked meat and potatoes, Pop back into the oven a few minutes to melt the cheese. Serve immediately.
Tersteegs Grocery Store and Gas Station https://tersteegs.com/